Wilderness Adventures Wilderness Education
The psychology of survival, skills in basic and advanced navigation, shelter building, knotting, fire making and more ...
Stage one - Psychology of Survival
Foundation program - 3 days
• The mindset & psychology of survival.
• Learning about the effects of sleep and food deprivation.
• Plants for survival.
• Basic fire making
• Cooking food the stone age way.
• Shelters and how to stay warm.
• Knot making skills.
Stage two - Making Useful Objects from Nature
Intermediate program - 3 days
• Ongoing navigation methods.
• Variations in fire making techniques and different kinds of fires.
• Finding food, including protein and fats for survival.
• Constructing different kinds of animal and bird traps and snares.
• Instruction to prepare caught animals and birds for food and other by products.
• Making and building things for survival, without the use of modern tools and using found or naturally occurring materials.
Stage three - Realistic Survival Experience
Advanced program - 7 days
• Monday, participants are driven to a distant and remote location with an experienced Get Lost in the Wild guide and begin a survival journey for the next 6 days.
• Participants must be prepared for anything to happen in their survival quest and the goal is to return to the designated meeting by the following Saturday for some home cooked food and bed.
• Debrief & reflection Sunday.
Feeling safe in the world is important for most people. Get Lost in the Wild uses the wilderness experience to help people gain the strength and skills to cope with life in all of its facets and challenges. The wilderness is a great teacher. Skills for survival are invaluable and this is why that Stefan Forsman, our lead guide and designer of the wilderness educational program Feel Safe in the Wild leaves no stone unturned when he teaches. Knowledge and practice that you require for a solid foundation in survival - will be delivered in this full program. That is our investment, to make sure that what you learn is understood and integrated - as much as is possible.So, whether you will be called upon in a real emergency situation in the future, or just want to live in the wilderness as a lifestyle choice and live more simply, and in healthier ways, we hope that this program of learning will be passed on down. Feel Safe in the Wild is an educational experience that you will never forget. This is because you will be applying all that is taught to you as you progress through the program. And you will be guided at every step, to make sure that you are on track, so that you will leave us confident that you will know what to do